Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to more than 31,000 Rotary clubs located in 166 countries.
The Rotary Club of Orlando Evening is a very active club involved in many service projects throughout the Orlando Community and beyond. Our signature fund raising event each year is the Ronald McDonald House, and our Fat Tuesday fundraiser every February.
Whether you are a veteran Rotarian new to the Orlando Area or just starting your exploration of Rotary we would love to have you visit with us to learn more about what we do. If you have never visited a Rotary Club, but wonder what we are all about, you are always welcome to come find out why so many have found us such a great joy and part of their own lives for over 100 years! We meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at Doubletree Orlando Downtown Lake Ivanhoe social time from 6:00-6:30 PM Meeting from 6:30 until 7:30 we welcome you to attend a meeting. For more information and map CLICK HERE
OBJECT OF ROTARY
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
• FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
• SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
• THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
• FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
AVENUES OF SERVICE
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
• Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
• Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
• Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projectsand this Community Service presentation (PPT).
• International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
• Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.